Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 42 Arzua to Arca June 15th


Km walked about 20 (12.6 miles)
Elevation change, hilly, up and down nothing major.

I left this morning at 7 am, a bit earlier than I have these last couple of short days. It's been sunny and warm, and I wanted to get the walk in before it got too hot. So with a couple of stops, I made it in 5 hours. Pretty good.
My chest cold and cough have settled down. I did see a doctor yesterday, and she gave me a Rx for albuterol. The visit was brief and free.
So that was pretty good.

As I started out early this morning, the sun was just coming up, and it was really pretty out. As I looked down the trail and into the misty fog, there was a baby deer standing there looking at me. It was pretty cool, and I thought to myself that it was kind of like a patronus..... From Harry Potter...
A good omen for the day.






After a while I stopped at a roadside cafe. There are many along the the
Road, and had one of my favorite breakfasts while I've been here in Spain. Pan chocolate and also called a Neapolitan. Yummy! With some orange juice, for the cold.


Saw lots of dogs and cats today, also saw sheep....who obliged nicely for a picture...



And passed this on my way into Arca. Only 20 km left. Very, very good.



Tomorrow, I will leave really early for Santiago. Probably around 6 to 6:30. There is a mass on Sunday at noon, where they swing the big incense burner, and if I can make it, I would like to. I also have heard that it swings most days due to tourist donations. So if I don't make it tomorrow it is ok.
Although cool to see, it's not the most important part of my day tomorrow. Just arriving is.
So excited. Mission completed... Almost.

1 comment:

  1. Sending warm thoughts to cheer you on your final trek. Like the idea of a Patronus!

    ReplyDelete