Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 40 Palas De Rei to Melide

15 km (9 miles) no elevation change
Today it was a rainy day as I set out. I knew it was going to be a relatively short day, because of how all of the rest of the days are being spaced out.
There are two stretches with very few places to stay, so I have taken everything into consideration, and am going to finish on Sunday. Good, appropriate day of the week to finish.

There are many, many pilgrims on the Camino. Some in tour buses. There are many doing the last 100 km to get their compostellas. We are like a bunch of fish swimming up the stream to their goal. Nice, kinda more crowded than I am used to, but it's all ok. Everyone does their own thing in regards to a pilgrimage, and all of it is ok. To each their own, I spoke with many today, and it made the time pass quickly.

Because of the rain, I didn't take many pictures. Don't want to ruin the iPad..

I passed the town of Casanova, and wondered if he still lives there....


And this very strange little house. Looks like a bird house.



An old bridge going into Melide...


And the beautiful ancient church in Melide.
Many of the churches I have walked past have been locked up. Don't know why, maybe because of theft?
Don't know. Anyway, I said some prayers for my parents today, and lit a candle.





It's been good today. I'm in a small hotel for the night. Cough is better, although I coughed a lot laying down last night. Not much during the day. Going to keep on going on. 3 more days of walking. I can hardly believe it.
Going to get some good sleep tonight on this cloudy rainy day.
Happy Thursday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Joni - we heard that they have the ceremony with the thurible on Sundays (the incense device), so that would be a good reason to get to the Cathedral on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savor the moments...only 3 more days and your journey is completo.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are counting the days as you remind us to count our blessings! Much Love, my Friend!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete